Complex Formula

Msdtitus

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>Good day all<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
I was wondering if anybody would be able to assist me with a complax excel problem. I am a quality assessor and I assess various products which each have there own requirements and mark points. The formula I'm looking for is to be able to select, by a drop down box, the product and the criteria I use to assess that product to populate on a certain cell. Ill give you an simple example<o:p></o:p>
The product is a pre paid contract<o:p></o:p>
The criteria could be the following:<o:p></o:p>
Was the product sold today<o:p></o:p>
Was it sold via tel,email or fax<o:p></o:p>
Was an attempt made to offer the customer a contract<o:p></o:p>
Now each of these points have a weighting namely out of 5 they sales person could get anything between 1-5<o:p></o:p>
The info I need will need to populate to Cells A3 to L7. this area of Cells is where all the info will need to be populated to. What I also would like is to have this info populate and have the sales person be able to edit certain fields. So if I select Prepaid in the drop down box, the assessment sheet for prepaid should populate and be editable <o:p></o:p>
This is a complex sheet and I know it is a lot to ask for but I would be extremely grateful for any assistance with regards to the above problem<o:p></o:p>
Thanking you I advance:)<o:p></o:p>

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
Please dont double post,

Look at using a VBA userform so the people can interface with that allowing drop downs and options from the drop downs to be made, populating worksheets can be done through this method.

If you have permission you can watch tutorials on YouTube

Also look at this link

http://www.contextures.com/xluserform01.html

Upvote 0
Maybe im just being blond. I have a pre-made assessment sheet so would I be able to populate this using a user form and could you give me direction as to how this can be done?

I went into the site provided and German is what it looks like to me lol. I am reading it now to try and understand it but any assistance on where to start would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for the assistance thus far and any future assistance offered

Upvote 0
Maybe im just being blond. I have a pre-made assessment sheet so would I be able to populate this using a user form and could you give me direction as to how this can be done?

I went into the site provided and German is what it looks like to me lol. I am reading it now to try and understand it but any assistance on where to start would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for the assistance thus far and any future assistance offered

Hi everyone, is there anyone who can assist me or give some direction as to how to populate the information using a user form

Upvote 0
The website supplied broke it down pretty well. If you cannot use that you may not be ready to delve into this project.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charlottedv

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back