Complex Move data from two spreadsheets with similar data in different columns to a specific column in an existing spreadsheet(Sheet 3)

JMC57

Board Regular
I have two spreadsheets (Sheet 1) and (Sheet 2) with similar data in different columns that I want to move to an existing spreadsheet(Sheet 3) in the workbook under the New columns for further analysis

• They have similar data and I need to create a VBA code that would consolidate all transaction into an existing 3rd spreadsheet spread (sheet 3) with columns A,B,C,D,E that has fixed formulas in Columns H-AA that we eventually in this ask lock from sorting
  • There are 8,000 rows of transactions
  • In Spread sheet 3 Column F will have a formula that calculates a total dollar amounts for each line. It will be helpful to auto sort Column G Sheet 3 that has a formula to calculate costs highest to lowest along with the data in columns A.B,C,D,E without changing the sort in rows H-AA
  • Spread Sheet 1 has data in column A,B,C,K and W. The ask is to have the data be moved to Col A,B,C,D,E respectively in Sheet3 . A to A sheet 3,B to B sheet 3,C to C sheet 3,K to D sheet 3 and W to E sheet 3.
  • Sheet 2 has similar data in B,C,O,T AND V where I need to move B to move to A sheet 3, C to B sheet 3, O to C sheet 3,T to move to D sheet 3 and V to E Sheet 3.
  • ALL data in Sheet 1 and Sheet 2 will be copied and pasted into the Sheet 1 and Sheet 2. So as the pasting occurs Sheet 3 will change dynamically.
  • I plan to Password Protect Sheet 3 BUT I am not sure if this will interfere with the code and will most likely need a unlock and lock code
  • Below is a cross walk to align Sheet 1 and Sheet 2 with the Destination columns in existing sheet 3.
Sheet 1ABCKW
Sheet 2BCOTV
Destination
Colum in Sheet 3ABCDE
If anyone can help with this it will be greatly appreciated. This is beyond my capability

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
masterms

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back