Complicated IF AND OR Statement help please

FaithH

I have a table that gives me a list of reasons why a lab cannot be reported on yet, and many times there are multiple reasons (we have a total of 19). The customer wants to know why we can't send them results yet so we send them a report with a reason, however we want to give them all of the reasons. So far, all I've managed to come up with is a long IF statement, but it only returns one of the reasons, not all of them if there are more than one. I want it to return all of the reasons, not just the one. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks in advance for any help!

-- removed inline image ---

(AX2 cell here references the samples number and the reason(s) for it being on hold)

=IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Reprep",Data!AX2)),"Reprep",IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("ICD",Data!AX2)),"Compliance-No ICD-9 Code",IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("DL",Data!AX2)),"DL Isomer Send Out",IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Clerical",Data!AX2)),"Compliance-Requisition Verification",IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Physician",Data!AX2)),"Compliance-No Requesting Physician",IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("RapidFire",Data!AX2)),"Additional Screening Required",IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Screening",Data!AX2)),"Additional Screening Required",IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Report",Data!AX2)),"Quick Report Requested",IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("PAF",Data!AX2)),"Compliance-No PAF",IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Collection",Data!AX2)),"Compliance-No Collection Date",IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Confirmation",Data!AX2)),"Compliance-Requisition Verification",IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Sign",Data!AX2)),"Additional Screening Required",IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Present",Data!AX2)),"Compliance-No Test Order Present","")))))))))))))

Accession #
Hold Description
All Reasons for Hold
OF14-94586
Additional Screening Required
Needs Screening^REPREP^D/L Isomer Send Out^Clerical Review Confirmation^Compliance - No Requesting Physician^Compliance - No Test Order Present^Compliance - No ICD-9 Code

<tbody>
</tbody>

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AppellatePerson

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back