Compound interest formulas

obiwanvaldez

I could not find an answer exactly on what I need so hopefully this makes sense and someone can decipher it. I am wanting to make a spreadsheet for inputting credit card balances and interest rates and then figuring the compounded daily interest. I have the sheet formatted to how I want it to look but cant seem to make a formula do what I need it to. I wish I knew exactly how to post what it looks like in here. But I will post the basics.

Day Int. Rate Comp. Daily % Balance Payment

Under day, I will have what day in the billing cycle it is. The interest rate should stay the same. From there I would like to have the compounded daily interest rate for each day under that column. The balance column will have the accruing balance based on the compound daily interest and any payments made. Payments obviously go under the payment column. So, basically what I need is a formula to keep a running total for me under the balance column based on the compound daily interest and any payments made during the given cycle. I hope that makes sense. Thank you for all your help on this! I really appreciate it!

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back