Concatenate cell showing 0

Sharksfan

I enter the following formula in a cell, =concatenate("Suggested ROP for "&G1). The cell show a 0 (zero). I click on "show formulas" and the formula is gone. Just a 0 in the cell. Using Excel 365. I have not had this issue with other versions of excel. I have had this issue before. I have tried multiple ways of entering including using the "insert Fx" and entering directly into the cell as ="Suggested ROP for "&G1. same results.

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Do you have any VBA code in this workbook that could be overwriting it?
Specifically, look for code in that particular sheet module in VBA.

Upvote 0
Does it do this in just this one workbook?

If you open a brand new Excel workbook and try it in there, does it display this type of behavior?

Upvote 0
By the way, it shouldn't be affecting this, but you aren't quite using the CONCATENATE function properly.

With the CONCATENATE function, you list each piece you want to combine separated by a comma, i.e.
Excel Formula:
=CONCATENATE("Suggested ROP for ",G1)

Alternatively, you can skip the CONCATENATE function altogether, and simply use ampersands ("&") to sew the pieces together, i.e.
Excel Formula:
="Suggested ROP for " & G1

It seems you combined both methods together, creating an unnecessary redundancy.

Upvote 0
I mis-typed it in my question above. I do us the "," as a separator for the two arguments. Funny thing is I can type the formula in the cell above (L1) and it works as =concatenate("suggested ROP for ",$G$1). When I copy (drag) it down to the cell I need it in (L2), it copies it as values, the formula disappears. when I change the value of G1, nothing happens. I had the same issue with other cells in this row. There must be some setting that is preventing formulas in this row. The workbook, sheet, cells are not protected.

Upvote 0
Can you answer the questions I posted in post 4?

Upvote 0
I figured it out. I inherited this spreadsheet from another is is no longer around. I am trying to a formula in a row that is used for column headers of a table.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
masterms

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back