concatenate text box from combobox text box and add next available number to last concatenation

energistics

Hey guys,
Please help. I'm trying to concatenate a text box in my access form. It takes the second column of the combo box named cmbType and adds a dash then the second column from a second combo box (cmbStation) and adds another dash and then im stuck.
The last concatenation needs to be a total of the types available from the types query which is queried from the fist combo box. So selecting the fist combobox queries the types query based on the selection of the first combo box. So I can take
that total number and concactenate it to the last section of my concatenated text box. that works great only when adding a new record but when updating any record say record 1 the text concatenation does not show the last concatenation
sum of the query. I want to be able to keep the assigned number or the last assigned number on the txt box concatenation so that when i update the record it keeps the last concatenation and only updates the parts that need updating on the txt box.
Any help is appreciated
Energistics

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back