Conditional Counting with Dates

TRPlace

Hello,
I have been working on this all day. I am trying to count only if two conditions are met. The first is a date range (I think this is where my problems are coming in, maybe because Excel stores dates as serial numbers?), and the second condition is if a cell has certain text.

if the date is in column A:A is >=1/1/2008<=1/19/2008 and F:F="Austin"

I've been able to get part of it work, =COUNTIF('JAN 08'!F:F,"Austin"), this returns the number of times Austin is displayed F:F

and this works to read one specific value =COUNTIF('JAN 08'!A:A,"1/17/2008"), this works (working with Excel's serial numbers for dates) =IF('JAN 08'!A3>=39446,"YES","NO"), it returns YES

I've used countif, I've tried sumproduct('JAN 08'!>=date(2008,1,1),'JAN 08'!A:A<=date(2008,1,13),'JAN 08'!F:F="Austin")

I've played around with the AND function and sum(if(, sumif(, if(and(

If anyone can please help!

Thank you!!

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
=SUMPRODUCT(--($A$1:$A$65535>=DATE(2008,1,1)), --($A$1:$A$65535<=DATE(2008,1,19)), --($F$1:$F$65535="Austin"))

Upvote 0
Thank you so much. I was on the right track but you came through like it was every day knowledge. I really appreciate it. I notice that it is counting dates within that range AND "Austin", I need it to only count Austin within that date range. Is there a way to get that to work?

Upvote 0
=SUMPRODUCT(--($A$1:$A$65535>=DATE(2008,1,1)), --($A$1:$A$65535<=DATE(2008,1,19)), --($F$1:$F$65535="Austin"))

I need it to only count Austin within that date range

this counts [only] "Austin"s within the range of "1 Jan 08" and "19 Jan 08", isnt what you want?

Upvote 0
My mistake! You're right, it does. My spreadsheet was a little unorganized. Do you have a paypal account? I'd like to send over a few dollars for my appreciation. I've been working on this all day and you solved it in no time!

Upvote 0
My mistake! You're right, it does. My spreadsheet was a little unorganized. Do you have a paypal account? I'd like to send over a few dollars for my appreciation. I've been working on this all day and you solved it in no time!

no i dont - even if i did, i couldnt accept it.. but thanks :D

Upvote 0
Well here is another challenge. I have 12 worksheets, one for each month. I am trying to get ranges from Sunday to Saturday, but in doing that, some of the ranges overlap into the next month, next worksheet. Is there a way to make this a continual counter...I tried something like this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--('JAN 08'!$A$1:$A$65535>=DATE(2008,1,27)), --('JAN 08'!$A$1:$A$65535<=DATE(2008,2,2)),--('FEB 08'!$A$1:$A$65535<=DATE(2008,2,2)), --('JAN 08'!$F$1:$F$65535="Austin"),--('FEB 08'!$F$1:$F$65535="Austin"))

But that didn't seem to work.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghennedy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back