Conditional Data Validation using one list

welshgasman

Office Version
  1. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,
I have an Excel workbook that I use on my Android phone.
In that workbook I have a dropdown for a list of passengers that are on another sheet. This works great. I also have another dropdown for destinations.

Sadly however, as the people we take are elderly, several have recently passed away. Several have moved out of the area to residential homes.
So now I want to remove them from the current drop down, so I cannot inadvertently select them and they reduce the choices available. I cannot just delete them, as they are also present in a Master workbook, which keeps track of everything since I joined the Community Car Scheme. This workbook is my Monthly passenger trips sheet.

I can put in an extra column into the named range, which indicates Deceased/Moved Out of Area, anyone not current.
My dilemma is how do I use that to restrict the list that is presented in the dropdown?. I have googled Conditional Validation, but they all appear to have to use two lists and I want to keep it at just the one.?

If this was Access, then I would just use add the criteria to the combo source. How can I do something similar in Excel?

TIA

you are very welcome,
Apologies for not covering the Array entry - Control-shift-enter and copy down

so used to how array formulas in 365 version do all that for you - so i will try and pay more attention to that for older versions, as it will help others not to go through the steps you had to

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Can I just confirm please?
It does not matter what colum I use in the Small(), where example is K. Could I even use A again?
The reason I ask, is I want to change to dynamic ranges and not create any more that I need to?
Edit: Works great on the dynamic named ranges and what column I use does not appear to make a difference, so I can reuse a named range. (y)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
you are very welcome,
Apologies for not covering the Array entry - Control-shift-enter and copy down

so used to how array formulas in 365 version do all that for you - so i will try and pay more attention to that for older versions, as it will help others not to go through the steps you had to
It does not appear viisble in your posts though? I get to see the {} when I do it?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickWBA

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back