Dropdown list that is not data validation

delaney1102

I’m working on an excel workbook that was originally created about 20 years ago but is in use daily on excel 365 enterprise. There are a number of drop down lists that are not Data Validation drop downs and I can’t figure out what the heck they are. The worksheet is not protected, but I can’t right click to get any formatting information. If I ctrl+1 I can see it’s not locked or protected. I can arrow over to the cell and tell that it is a named range that is referenced in various vba macros, but I’m not seeing where this dropdown was created. I found a list on a hidden tab that looks right, but when I edit one of the fields it doesn’t translate back to the input information. When I try to hide or delete the row, the dropdown stays almost like a picture but I also can’t click on it and delete like you could a picture. The dropdown was formatted to have a different color background, but even when I force the formatting open, I can’t change the color. I also have no idea where the options in the dropdown I’m losing my mind. Any other thoughts what this dropdown could be and how I can update or hide or figure out what they are??

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
I figured it out (replying for future self, but if anyone else has some input, I’d be happy to hear it!)

These drop downs were inserted from the Developer tab. Once I opened that up and went into “Design Mode” I was able to update and format as needed

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
masterms

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back