conditional format difference above below average difference

ajm

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
hi, has anyone got a conditional format formula that will help me highlight if the difference between a new number in my range and the last number is more than 50% higher than the average difference for the range? For example, say the average differences between several rows of data in a single column of data is 50. If i were to enter a new number in the range that results in the difference between it and the number in the previous row that is higher than 50, the conditional format would be triggered.

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
Some sample data with expected result and explanation in relation to that sample data may help clarify your question. Sample data with XL2BB would be best.

A couple of other suggestions:
  • Update your Account details (click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

• Update your signature (click your user name at the top right of the forum) because MrExcel HTML Maker and Excel jeanie no longer work in the forum. Suggest replacing with the XL2BB link.

Upvote 0
Some sample data with expected result and explanation in relation to that sample data may help clarify your question. Sample data with XL2BB would be best.

A couple of other suggestions:
  • Update your Account details (click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

• Update your signature (click your user name at the top right of the forum) because MrExcel HTML Maker and Excel jeanie no longer work in the forum. Suggest replacing with the XL2BB link.
cheers Peter. will update

Upvote 0
I see that you have implemented the second of my suggestions (thanks for that), but not the first.(?)
Peter, I work as a contractor so what the employer has is what i get. I will try to remember to pout the version in future questions though.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dsharae57

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back