Conditional formatting causing copying issues

julhs

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
I have an accounts sheet that is loaded with masses of CF rules.
Data is entered via a UserForm, that process is trouble free.

But I find that if I subsequently use copy>paste to edit/adjust a cell that it can take several minutes to complete or the whole Workbook becomes Unresponsive regardless of lapsed time and leaves me with the only option to use the Task Manager to end the process.

I’ve never been really sure as to whether the individual rules should be set to “Stop if True” or not.
ALL mine are set to “Stop if True” but viewing posts re Condition Formatting, nobody even Joe4 sets rules to “Stop if True”
So question is;
Should the rules be set to “Stop if True” or not?
Or is my issue just a matter of the sheer number of CF rules, regardless of them being set to “Stop if True” or not

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
Probably just the sheer number of rules. I think the stop if True only comes into play when you have two or more conflicting rules for the same cell.

Upvote 0
Thanks Fluff.
Had a fear that the possible reason was the sheer number, nothing I can/or prepared do about that.
I have multiple different rules for a cell that colour the cell dependant on their contents, so I will continue to use “Stop if True”.
Thankfully I don’t have the need to use copy>paste too often, will simply have to remember to copy cell “continence“ from the formula bar and paste that to the cell being edited/adjusted as opposed to the just copying and pasting the cell

Many Thanks
Julhs

Upvote 0
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back