Conditional Formatting - highlight a cell if it does not equal multiple text values

Deman

Board Regular
from cell C1 to cell C39 i have a list of roles (which i hide), below other people sign in and in colum C is where they enter there role, sometimes people enter their role in incorrectly, If this occurs i want the cell to highlist red, ive checked the Conditional Formatting > manage rules > new rule > format cells that contain,

I have cell value not equal to, but dont know what to enter in that box to do what i want,

The contents of the cells C1:C39 are all text, i would also want the cells not to highllght if it is blank

thanks in advance for any feedback

I have a similar issue which I have been fighting with for over 3 hours now and I really need your advise.

I have Cells x2:x5455 in which I need to higlight the cells NOT containing any of the following words: "logical access", "software" and "hardware".

I have tried so many options shown, not only on this posts but many others and nothing has worked as I need it to. I would think the perfect option would be knowing how to add more than one word option to the conditional formatting rule: specific text "not containing" but to be honest I have searched for such and not one single formatting option has helped.

Any light you can bring in my aid would be much appreciated and a prompt response would be incredibly appreciated.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Subhash Chand

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back