Conditional formatting =NOT(ISFORMULA(cellnumber))

Ninad7

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
In Excel, I have conditional formatting that changes the colour of the cell when the formula is removed. =NOT(ISFORMULA(cellnumber)) is the conditional formatting. The formula in the cells is linked to another excel sheet and uses data from that excel sheet. When I break the links from the excel sheet, all of the cells change color because of conditional formatting. I want to break the links, but I don't want all of the cells to change colour. I only want the colour change what was before breaking the links.

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
What do you mean by "break the links"?
1700650037843.png

Break Links with other excel sheet from where you are getting the data

Upvote 0
Why are you using conditional formatting to identify your constants (non-formula) values ?

Upvote 0
Why are you using conditional formatting to identify your constants (non-formula) values ?
I want to know which data i have in my main database, and which i dont have. its a template so i share this file with others too and i want to know are they using the values from the database too or they are using there own value.

Upvote 0
If you break the link you are removing the formula which triggers your conditional formatting.
Also if the user keys in a value it will trigger the conditional formatting, so I am struggling with what it will really achieve.

Upvote 0
If you break the link you are removing the formula which triggers your conditional formatting.
Also if the user keys in a value it will trigger the conditional formatting, so I am struggling with what it will really achieve.
I need to break link beacuse we send this files to others from different department and they dont have access to our drive, so if we send it to them without breaking the links the values will not show. thats why we have to break the link before, which causes all the cells to change colour which we dont want. Thank you Alex for replying.

Upvote 0
To stop the change in colour you will need to remove the conditional formatting from those cells that currently contain the external links.

Upvote 0
Breaking the links...

Can't you use VBA to copy the values rather than the links?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back