trevolly

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all

Hope you're all well.

I have a form that has multiple checkboxes, each being linked to a cell reference, say for example ten checkboxes linked to a cell in the range of A1 to A10 I've set up conditional formatting to happen when each of these checkboxes are ticked / unticked individually. Is there any way to enable conditional formatting when an amount of the checkboxes are ticked and the cell references change, say A1 to A8.?

The idea is that when these specific checkboxes (A1 to A8) are ticked then a message appears in a cell on the sheet, if any cell references in this specific range are not showing "True" then the message / conditional formatting doesn't show.

Thanks for your help

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
@trevolly. Just so that I understand.
Rather than having each individual linked cell highlight when individually ticked, you only wish to see the cells highlighted as and when 8 out of the 10 have been ticked?

Upvote 0
Hi @Snakehips

So I have 10 checkboxes linked to their own reference cells. There is conditional formatting linked to each of these 10 reference cells (the conditional formatting for each individual checkbox changes the fill of a cell on the spreadsheet). 8 of these 10 checkboxes are v important and when ALL of these 8 (not the other 2 of the 10 checkboxes) of these checkboxes are ticked I’d like to have conditional formatting be applied to some cells on the spreadsheet. Basically highlighting the user that the vital checks have been completed.

If that makes sense?

Upvote 0
OK. Assuming that the 10 cells are A1:A10 and you have a CF formula for that range, likely using the formula
Excel Formula:
=A1

If eg Cell C3 is the cell that will be highlight when the cells A1:A8 are all ticked then:
The CF applies to range will be
Excel Formula:
 $C$3
and the CF formula will be
Excel Formula:
=COUNTIF($A$1:$A$8)=8

Hope that proves to be of some value?

Upvote 0
If the 8 important cells are not contiguous , eg A1:A6 and A8 and A10 then the CF formula would have to be like
Excel Formula:
=SUM(1*A1:A6,1*A8,1*A10) =8

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sebas8956

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back