Conditional Formatting of a formula based date

Liam2003

Hi,

I am having problems with conditional formatting of a formula based date. My perfectly working formula in the cell that I wish to conditional format is {=IFERROR(INDEX(contracts_data,MATCH(1,IF(Contract_No=$AU$5,IF(contract_itemcode=$C11,1)),0),4),"")}, this formula works perfectly but the conditional format seems like it is not picking up the date. My conditional format is Cell Value >Today(). (if the date in this cell is greater than today, then apply the format) Any help on this would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• condformaterror.JPG
    condformaterror.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 9

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
why not just use this as your CF rule:
Excel Formula:
=INDEX(contracts_data,MATCH(1,IF(Contract_No=$AU$5,IF(contract_itemcode=$C11,1)),0),4)>Today()

Upvote 0
Solution
Instead of using the Cell Value/Greater than option in CF, use the Use a formula to determine which cells to format - with the formula:
Excel Formula:
=AP11>Today()

Book1
AOAPAQ
1131/12/2023
1231/10/2024
Sheet1
Cells with Conditional Formatting
CellConditionCell FormatStop If True
AP11:AP25Expression=AP11>TODAY()textYES

Upvote 0
Instead of using the Cell Value/Greater than option in CF, use the Use a formula to determine which cells to format - with the formula:
Excel Formula:
=AP11>Today()

Book1
AOAPAQ
1131/12/2023
1231/10/2024
Sheet1
Cells with Conditional Formatting
CellConditionCell FormatStop If True
AP11:AP25Expression=AP11>TODAY()textYES
Hi Kevin,

Tried this before and still not formatting, I have a feeling that the indexing formula in this cell is the problem. But Thank you anyway :)

Upvote 0
If you change the formatting in column AP do the dates change how they display (if you pick something like general it should be really obvious if they change or not) Ctrl+Z to reset the format back again.
Assuming they don't change can you show us the original data where you are getting the date from and tell us were the data is coming from and if there is a formula there as well what is that formula ?
Does this fix it ?
Excel Formula:
=DateValue(AP11)>Today()

Upvote 0
Thank you for your suggestion, but it is doing the same thing, it is applying the format to dates it should'nt be. ??
I'm not really sure what you mean. If you put that formula in the CF rule, it will only format cells where that formula resolves to TRUE. If you can post an xl2bb mini workbook of the cells with the CF, as well as the cells that the CF rule reference then the forum can better help you.

Upvote 0
Thank you all very much for the valuable information you have provided, it has been very much appreciated. I have just found where the problem is, it was the format of the date in the database downloaded from IMAS.

Upvote 0
That seemed the most likely given that the other suggestions didn't work.
Thanks for letting us know. Glad we could help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back