Conditional formatting using vlookup

Luke123

I have a worksheet that has 3 tables, each table is auto populated from a raw data import. I have figured out a way to do conditional formatting on one cell now I need a way to copy that formatting to 108 other cells with it updating the cells without creating 324 more rules.

The formatting is as follows
Green Apply to. =$C$5
=vlookup(C6,table!A:G,6,False)>10
Yellow Apply to. =$C$5
=vlookup(C6,table!A:G,6,False)>2.5
Red Apply to. =$C$5
=vlookup(C6,table!A:G,6,False)<2.5
With each set to stop if true.

Is there a better way to do this formatting without vlookup or is there a way to copy this formatting without having to create 324 more rules. My next cell that needs this would be D5 with D6 being the lookup. Most of the layout are across with the lookup below the cell needing formatting

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
Hi, welcome to the board :)

use the "applies to" box to indicate the entire range you need

Upvote 0
Hi,

I guess you want to format cells values greater than 10, between 2.5 and 10 and less than 2.5.

To do that select all the rows you want to format, go to conditional formatting choose cell greater than option and choose format and press add, now repeat the step with between and less than option and add these formats. Its done

Upvote 0
Hi,

I guess you want to format cells values greater than 10, between 2.5 and 10 and less than 2.5.

To do that select all the rows you want to format, go to conditional formatting choose cell greater than option and choose format and press add, now repeat the step with between and less than option and add these formats. Its done

OP already has a set of (working?) rules in place...
The formatting is as follows
Green Apply to. =$C$5
=vlookup(C6,table!A:G,6,False)>10
Yellow Apply to. =$C$5
=vlookup(C6,table!A:G,6,False)>2.5
Red Apply to. =$C$5
=vlookup(C6,table!A:G,6,False)<2.5
With each set to stop if true.

They are trying to have this adjust as it moves across (I think)

Upvote 0
Yes I need the formula for the formatting to change from C6 to D6 then E6.... so on for 108 cells total writing all the formulas by hand would be a pain and if something was to change the list of formatting conditions would be 324 entries to look through. Not sure if there is another way, the cells that are being conditional formatted is a vlookup from raw data which looks at the cell below as it doesn't change. The information that is displayed is a 7 digit number. I need to look back at the raw data at the 7 digit number which in the raw data has usage I want to show if my usage it's greater than 10 it's "green" between 10 and 2.5 it's "yellow" and below 2.5 its "red"

Upvote 0
So currently the conditional formatting formulas are in cell C5 here is one of the three conditions =vlookup(C6,table!A:G,6,False)>10 and it turns the cell green. Then I have a second formula for yellow then one for red. I need the formula to change to =vlookup(___,table!A:G,6,False)>10 I need the blank to be D6,E6,F6.... Is there a way to write in conditional formatting =vlookup(cell below,table!A:G,6,False)>10

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBFrieds

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back