Conditional Formatting with Dates

Samtk

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,
my first post so sorry if the structuring of it is off a little. I am working on a Loan Tracking Sheet at work and am faced with two problems:

1.) I have a column that is full of dates that financial statements were delivered to us, and to track this I wanted to create a conditional format that would highlight any cells that had been received within the current quarter + 30 days. My issue here is I can obviously put down a date for the end of each quarter + 30 days which is Q1 + 30 = 04/30/2022, Q2 + 30 = 07/30/2022, Q3 + 30 = 10/30/2022, and Q4 + 30 = 01/30/2023, which is simple but would force me to go back at the end of every quarter and update the conditional format. So, how would I create a formula that would automatically evaluate whether the date that the financial statement was delivered falls within the current quarter + 30 days?

2.) I have a column that has the dates we received Tax Returns from customers, and we need to highlight any cell that has not been delivered to us before May 18th. The only issue here is that several customers have extensions which would make the date for some November 17th. How would I differentiate the cells that have an extension and those that don't so that those that have an extension would not be mistakenly highlighted?

Sorry for the long post, but thank you in advance.

Thank you for the feedback!
It's nice to hear that we were able to help.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rache47

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back