Conditional Formatting

blooneptune

Board Regular
Hello All.

I run a 3 month course, with a 1 month, 6 month and 12 month follow up. I wish to produce a Gantt chart using conditional formatting. Unfortunately, I am able to show the course duration (say Jan, Feb and March - yellow), I can also show the 1 month follow-up (ie. April - green), however when it comes to 6 and 12 months, and with the limitation of 3 conditions, I am only able to show the 6 and 12 month as 1 period (all months highlighted between the 6 and 12 month gap). Any ideas on how I am able to display all the required dates, without contemplating more software such as Project.

Thanks for the help.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.

nbrcrunch

Wait a few months until Excel version 12 is released with unlimited conditonal formatting. :)

MrExcel has programmers for hire that can write VBA code (if you are unable) that can handle your needs.

Belgarth58

I was looking for this answer as well, and its helped me so much.... however how do you make the first letter uppercase ? and not lower.

Cheers

StevenW-UK

This looks like just what I need to solve a problem I am having with more than 3 conditions needed.

However, I need to set a border on a cell when a condition is met (just outline the cell with standard border). How would this be coded in the VBA?

Cheers

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasTony