Convert American date and time into Australian date and time

barto1973

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
  3. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi I have data with American date time and I need it in Australian date time. Examples below

8/02/2021 3:00 needs to be 2/8/2023 3:00 I dont what the time to change. Where its 3 am it needs to stay 3 am.
10/08/2021 13:30 needs to be 8/10/2023 13:00

Note the number of characters in the cell change (shown in above exmaples) . The date can start with 1 character or 2 characters depending on if the month is 1-9 or 10-12. Also the time has different number of characters depending on if its before or after 10am.

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
Why did 13:30 become 13:00?
Further clarification. Need an excel formula. The time needs to be unchanged so 13:30 stays as 13:30.

It just where is says 8/02/2023 my excel thinks its 8th Feb when in fact its 2nd August...

Upvote 0
Select one of the cells and press Ctrl+1.
Go to custom, in the Type dialog box, enter: dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm
Copy and paste the format to the other cells.

Edit: Note that this will convert the existing cell into Australian format, but you would still need to enter it in American format for new cells.

Upvote 0
I have sourced a solution

DATE(YEAR(E6),DAY(E6),MONTH(E6))+MOD(E6,1)

This has change the date from US to Aust (8th Feb to 2nd Aug) and kept the time unchanged.

Upvote 0
I have just encountered a further problem. Some data sent to me is text and others is 24hr format. I have the fix for 24hr format (see above) not need an alternate for the text format

In the example below I need a formula for the text date 3/13/22 12:00 AM. in the day column I want the date but converted to Aust format. So in example below I need just the date 13/03/2022 (13th March 2022). And in the time column I need a formula to get the text time recognised as a real time

1695879713902.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back