Convert Excel workbook to webpage(s)?

leopardhawk

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello forum friends, I am hoping for nothing more than some ideas, suggestions or advice on this subject.

Over the past many months, I have been working hard to create a fairly complex workbook, and a lot of it was accomplished with your help. I am extremely grateful to all of you who helped me get through some of the more challenging things I was trying to do with the workbook. The workbook contains a total of 19 worksheets (8 of them are (very) hidden) that are all inter-connected in some fashion. All formulae are hidden, the worksheets are protected and the workbook is also protected. There is a small amount of VBA and some of the hidden sheets are linked to external data. Everything is working perfectly after some rather exhaustive testing by myself and three friends.

It's important that the final result be interactive so that users can input data (in unlocked cells) and the formulae on all the worksheets will still work as intended.

I was originally going to share the workbook with family, friends and other people who would hopefully benefit in some way from being able to use it. It's an educational and planning tool to help people with their retirement planning. However, it occurred to me that this might be easier if I could somehow convert the whole thing to a webpage or pages. So I am asking if anyone reading this can make any recommendations on how to accomplish this if it is even possible.

Is this something relatively easy to do or am I opening myself up to a world of hurt?

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
Hi Leo,

I would recommend Power BI and its free for designing the dashboard. All the features in excel can be implemented in Power BI.

You may Publish the dashboard in the web and share it with others.

Power BI Tutorials can be accessed here

Other alternative would be Tableau

Good luck!
Vds1

Upvote 0
Thanks vds1, I will check them out. I appreciate your prompt reply.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahmad123098

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back