Coping and delete table row to another worksheet

tburgerjr

Hello,

I'm making a workbook that has different worksheets within it that will track the progress of an invoice or account. When my company bills invoices they go through different companies for payment, one after the other. So currently I have a workbook that is entitled Account Spreadsheets. Inside of the workbook I have different work sheets with tables in them entitled, Primary - Secondary - Self - Collections - Payment Plans

Basically when we bill an invoice, I manually insert a new line in the "Primary" table and enter the information in the rows, Invoice Number, Date of Service, Date of Invoice, Most Recent Bill Date, Client Name, Address, Insurance Company, and the Invoice Amount. Now that is a little bit of data to manually enter but that's ok, the invoices are generated from Quickbooks, and I haven't found an easy way to automatically populate the fields with information just yet.

Anyhow, I'm ok with that part, from there after a few weeks we might receive payment from the Primary and need to move the invoice into the secondary worksheet when we bill the secondary company. As of right now I have to manually delete the table row from Primary, and add a new table row to the secondary, and RE-insert all of the information with the new invoice amount.

What I'm wanted to do is automatically move an entire row from one worksheet. This is not a range type deal; however, because different companies and invoices get paid at a different time.

In a programming way I would like to do it, would be to enter all of the information when we bill primary, then when that payment comes in, let's say on 25 invoices, I can scroll through and locate the invoices, click a check box next to them all, and then "Right Click" and say "Send To Secondary". This function would "Cut" all of the selected rows, switch to secondary work sheet and insert them at the bottom of the table adding a new row for each invoice row. Then go back and delete the white space in the table eliminating all off the rows which used to occupy the information. I can then go into the secondary worksheet and adjust the Invoice Amount and Most recent Bill Date.

This would also function the same way from the Secondary worksheet to the SelfPay Worksheet.

So once Secondary Pays and I mail the balance due to the client, I can move them again to the SelfPay Worksheet, and after the due date has based by X days I can select them and move them to the Collection Worksheet, when I sent the accounts into collections.

Basically, I'm trying to stop typing the same invoice information 4 times throughout the payment process.

Is there an easy way to do this, with a formula or macro? Maybe putting a dropdown box in a cell which I can select where they get moved to? Maybe a drop down box with: Secondary // Selfpay // Collections // Paid in Full(Delete) Options and after I chose all of them I can click a button and the processes will be executed?

Thanks in advanced for any insight

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craigus51286

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back