Copy a row...

niloc85

Hi,

Im looking for some help as I dont use excel much!

I would like to have a formula/script to do the following...

I have a cell (C3) within sheet one which will contain a text value based upon a dropdown list. That text could be for example A, B or C. Based upon that text value of A, B or C within C3 I would like to copy a row from sheet two C20-30 to sheet one location C20-30.

Is this possible in a easy enough way?

Thanks if your able to help.

Sorry I was planning on attempting to do this myself hence no explanation, but couldn't make sense of the code! :)

So there are a few parts to this so I will start from the top of the sheet where I have step 1.

1. (Sheet-Capacity) The user from a drop down will select a value from the dropdown in cell "Capacity" D4. That value will be taken from Sheet "Inputs" B4-6 and will contain either aggressive, moderate or conservative. Each of these conditions have a value next to them aggressive 40%, moderate 50% or conservative 60%. That value needs to be copied from "Inputs" either of E4-6 to Capacity E4 depending on what is selected in D4.
2. Same applies for the other cells from D5-7, the cell names in "Capacity" refer to the same names in "Inputs" with the same type of action to occur with coping the percentage from "Inputs" to "Capacity"
3. (Sheet-Capacity) Cell "Capacity" D4 and E4 have a drop down list, this dropdown list takes the data from "Application" B6-26 for "Capacity" D4 and C7-26 for "Capacity". Again what is specified in "Capacity" D4 dictates what is copied from "Application" C7-26 to E4.

I hope I have explained ok.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
Have a look at the D4 to E7 range.

Used VLOOKUP in the E's.

Does that work?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c4gjxduzr9y06u4/Leys Calculator With VLOOKUP.xlsm?dl=0

Your explanation seems to want to return a value to E4 based on what is selected in D4, however later you want to use the drop down in E4 to return another value somewhere else.

Is the D4 - E7 cells preforming correctly? If so, what are next steps? Else, what must be done with D4 - E7?

Also, had to UNMERGE some cells on sheet Inputs.

Howard

Upvote 0
D4 to E7 all looks to work as expected. That covers what I meant in point 1 and point 2.

Just the points in number 3 now, I think it will be the same type of action with a VLOOKUP right?

Also I think as I have added some more fields I have broken the capacity O9:Y18

Upvote 0
D4 to E7 all looks to work as expected. That covers what I meant in point 1 and point 2.

Just the points in number 3 now, I think it will be the same type of action with a VLOOKUP right?

Also I think as I have added some more fields I have broken the capacity O9:Y18

3. (Sheet-Capacity) Cell "Capacity" D4 and E4 have a drop down list, this dropdown list takes the data from "Application" B6-26 for "Capacity" D4 and C7-26 for "Capacity". Again what is specified in "Capacity" D4 dictates what is copied from "Application" C7-26 to E4.

Ref: Point 3.
You cannot have a drop down in D4 to work for Application" B6-26 because it has a drop down for Aggressive, Moderate, Conservative, nor can you have a drop down in E4 because that is where a formula is. Perhaps that was a typo?

The O9:Y18 has already been fixed on the linked copy I posted. Adjusted the code to move the returns over two columns, from M to W and now O to Y.

Next steps for the Application" B6-26 ??

Howard

Upvote 0
Thank god your excel skills are better than my explanation attempts!

3. (Sheet-Capacity) Cell "Capacity" D11:18 and E11:18 have a drop down list, this dropdown list takes the data from "Application" B6-26 for "Capacity" D4 and C7-26 for "Capacity". Again what is specified in "Capacity" D11:18 dictates what is copied from "Application" C7-26 to E11:18.

Upvote 0
Go to my Post #23 and download the link again.

Check the Capacity sheet cells D11:E18.

What adjustment are needed, as I do not think this is the correct fix.

There are two Headers in the drop down which will produce a lookup return of 0 in column E.
If this is the correct list to have in the drop downs, we should remove the headers from the column B on Appliation.

Howard

Upvote 0
Go to my Post #23 and download the link again.

Check the Capacity sheet cells D11:E18.

What adjustment are needed, as I do not think this is the correct fix.

There are two Headers in the drop down which will produce a lookup return of 0 in column E.
If this is the correct list to have in the drop downs, we should remove the headers from the column B on Appliation.

Howard

This is correct. You are right however the heading will cause an issue with the formula.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wcbyers

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back