Copy And Paste Rows When Condition is Met VBA

Lance S

Platform
  1. Windows
I'm struggling to make the code I have work for the below. For anything in column J that returns "Yes", I want the entire row to to be copied and pasted in another sheet starting at row 4 on the new sheet. After executing, I want the original row on the original sheet to then be deleted and for the code to the continuously execute until the data in cell A is empty.
1626983767941.png

This is what I have so far. I run into an issue with the line VLV.Cells(Rows.Count, "J").End (xlUp) + 4 = ActiveCell.Row (I know this line is completely wrong but I'm not sure how to fix)

ub VPLTest()

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Activesheet.Unprotect Password:="purc"

Dim VLV As Worksheet
Dim PCF As Worksheet
Set VLV = Activesheet

Sheets.Add after:=Activesheet
Activesheet.Name = "PCF Items"

Set PCF = Activesheet

VLV.Range("A1:N4").Copy PCF.Range("A1:N4")

VLV.Select
VLV.Range("J5").Select

Do Until ActiveCell = ""
If ActiveCell.Value = "Yes" Then
VLV.Cells(Rows.Count, "J").End (xlUp) + 4 = ActiveCell.Row
End If
If ActiveCell = "Yes" Then EntireRow.Delete

Loop

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
Couple questions:

1) The table of data you posted shows columns B thru K, but your code mentions A thru N.
2) You said you want the code to execute until cell A is empty? Explain that please.
3) Your indicates that you want to copy the first 4 rows from VLV right after the new sheet is created. Do you still want that to occur and then start processing the 'Yes' column after row 4, or is A1:N4 not included in your table from the original post?

In other words does the table you show start at row 1 or row 5?

Upvote 0
Sorry! Didn't notice it was missing. The reason I want it to execute until cell A in the row series in empty is because the Yes/No options in column J can sometimes be blank while column A never is.

I do want it to occur after row 4. The first 4 rows of both sheets are headers. The table should start at row 5.

1627062973122.png

Upvote 0
So the following:

VBA Code:
VLV.Range("A1:N4").Copy PCF.Range("A1:N4")

Needs to be executed to copy your headers over to the new sheet?

Also, is your table in any particular order, in other words does it matter which order the cut rows are placed in the new sheet?

Upvote 0
How about this:

VBA Code:
Sub VPLTest()
'
    Dim LastRow         As Long
    Dim CurrentRow      As Long
    Dim SourceSheetName As String
'
    SourceSheetName = "VLV"                                             ' <--- Set this to name of the Source sheet
'
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False                                              ' Turn ScreenUpdating off to prevent screen flicker
'
    Sheets(SourceSheetName).Unprotect Password:="purc"                              ' unprotect the Source sheet
'
    Sheets.Add after:=Sheets(SourceSheetName)                                       ' Add a new sheet after the Source sheet
    ActiveSheet.Name = "PCF Items"                                                  ' Assign a name to newly created sheet
'
    Sheets(SourceSheetName).Range("A1:N4").Copy Sheets("PCF Items").Range("A1:N4")  ' Copy Header rows from Source sheet to the new sheet
'
    LastRow = Sheets(SourceSheetName).Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row         ' Determine Last used row in column A
'
    For CurrentRow = LastRow To 5 Step -1                                           ' Start at LastRow and work backwards, row by row, until beginning of data
        If Sheets(SourceSheetName).Range("J" & CurrentRow).Value Like "*Yes*" Then  '   If we encounter a 'Yes' in column J then copy the row to new sheet
            Sheets(SourceSheetName).Rows(CurrentRow).Copy Sheets("PCF Items").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
            Sheets(SourceSheetName).Rows(CurrentRow).Delete                         '   Delete the row from the Source sheet that contained 'Yes' in column J
        End If
    Next                                                                            ' Continue checking previous row
'
    Sheets(SourceSheetName).Protect Password:="purc"                                ' protect the Source sheet
'
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True                                               ' Turn ScreenUpdating back on
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwdbActuary

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back