Copy Cell Value to Another Sheet if Checkbox is Checked

Jennable

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello! I am hoping one of you Excel geniuses might be able to help me with this! I have a spreadsheet with a number of columns representing different areas of business (Columns B, D, F, H, J, L & N). Each topic is separated by a column where each row contains ActiveX checkboxes (Columns C, E, G, I, K, & M). What I am wanting to do is write the code so that if a checkbox is checked, the contents of the cell adjacent to it will be copied to a new sheet (creating a list of the most pertinent action items). For example, IF C9 is checked, B9 is copied to the new sheet. I know how to code this simply using the IF function however the problem I am having is that it's not a 1:1 transfer-- ie I want it to function so if any of the checkboxes are checked, that cell is copied to the new sheet one after the other. I'm hoping this makes sense and you can help! Thank you in advance. :)

@Micron, yes. Although, if I want to work with data only if the Checkbox is checked, then the True/False state of the Checkbox does have value. I just hide the Column so that state is not visible. Technically, you could put the state of the Checkbox in the Cell that it's "covering" and format text to White. Either way.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back