Copy certain columns of data from 2 worksheets that are auto-filtered to 1 summary worksheet as values

Ajwilltravel

Hi everyone, I am a macro beginner. I have two worksheets with source data (layout of each worksheet is the same but number of rows on each sheet will continue to grow). In these 2 sheets 'WTP' and 'RMARN' I've managed to create a macro to autofilter (Filter on column F - Filter out any rows that are "Finished") - macro button top left). This column F is also a formula. My other macro is simply to clear the filter. What I need is a macro to copy certain columns from both of these source data sheets and copy paste as values in the 'Summary' sheet. I need to do this monthly so each time I run it I need to clear what is in the summary sheet from last time and run the macro again (replace what was already there). The columns I need to copy from the two source sheets are shown in the summary tab in attached - B C D E F O P & U. But I don't want the column headers to come through to the summary sheet when I run the macro. I've been on internet all day trying to build this macro & have failed. Also tried recording then editing it but got completely lost. Can anyone help? Must confess I'm hoping someone can do it for me then I can study it!

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
Hello AJ,

A sample of your workbook would come in handy. However, see if the following at least steers you in the right direction:

VBA Code:
Option Explicit
Sub Test()

Dim ws As Worksheet, wsS As Worksheet
        Set wsS = Sheets("Summary")

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

wsS.[A2].CurrentRegion.Offset(1).Clear

For Each ws In Worksheets
                If ws.Name <> "Summary" Then
                        With ws.[A1].CurrentRegion
                        .AutoFilter 6, "Finished"
                                Union(.Columns("B:F"), .Columns("O:P"), .Columns("U")).Offset(1).Copy
                                wsS.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(3)(2).PasteSpecial xlValues
                                .AutoFilter
                        End With
                End If
        Next ws

Application.CutCopyMode = False
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

I've attached a mock-up of how this could work here. Click on the blue button to see it work. Hopefully, the mock-up is close to how your workbook is set out.

I hope that this helps.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.

Upvote 0
Thanks so much I’ll try this in the morning. I have the workbook but I could find anywhere to upload it. I’m new to this forum. Do you have to do something to enable uploading of files? If so, once I know how to I can upload the file & it will all make sense ! Thanks again ??

Upvote 0
Hello AJ,

You can upload "mini sheets" using the forum's XL2BB set up. Look here.
You could also upload your workbook by using a file sharing site such as WeTransfer or Drop Box. These sites allow you to freely upload files but there is usually a time limit on how long they can be accessed (usually 7 - 30 days). If you use a file sharing site and your data is sensitive, then please use dummy data.
The sample I supplied in my last post is through WeTransfer but will only be available for a week. You can download and save it of course.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.

Upvote 0
Thanks so much Vcoolio but I can't open your link unfort im getting msg below. The mini sheets thing didn't work for me either - could not install it (perhaps something to do with my workplace firewalls?). I will use WeTransfer or Drop Box to send it - not sure how to use these but will work it out! Who am I sending it to exactly? Thanks so much

1648169677290.png

Upvote 0
I tried your code above and am getting an out of range error. The columns are all correct. Amazing you did this without seeing my workbook!

I think it might be this part of the code:

If ws.Name <> "Summary" Then

As the original workbook has other sheets (which I removed before uploading the file here - as that data is sensitive) - I think it's reading all those sheets too.

How can I change

If ws.Name <> "Summary" Then to If (names of the 2 sheets "WTP" and "RMARN" only?) - as it's only those 2 sheets I need to copy from (they are the autofiltered sheets in - in my example workbook).

thanks again!

Upvote 0
OK yes my company PC is blocking use of WeTransfer. I will try to send my file via this from home tonight - and also open the file you transferred above..

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rscraig11

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back