Copy data from one excel file to another, matching sheet names

DachoR

Hi guys,
I have two excel files with over 100 sheets each. Now I have to copy all data from one file to another, to match the sheet names, for example from excel file A copy data from Sheet1 to excel file B to Sheet1, and so on for all matching sheets.
Is this possible?
Thanks.

Dear Joe
There are now two points
1. It should be reversed i.e. putting template on top of data of file1
2. Top row should be deleted
3. as you mentioned should use only two sheets
1. So you want to copy the data from the template file to the data file? Do you want to put the VBA code in the template file or the data file?
2. Do you mean the sheet you are copying from? To exclude the first row?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
1. So you want to copy the data from the template file to the data file? Do you want to put the VBA code in the template file or the data file?
2. Do you mean the sheet you are copying from? To exclude the first row?
1. Yes i want to put template file2 to file1 in first row. want to put VBA in template
2. Sheet to copied from file2 and to be inserted at file1 in row 1

Upvote 0
This is done
Sometimes need to insert template to data. So i need the reverse of this also.
It should then just be a matter of putting the VBA code in the other file, and just changing the selection of the file to the other file.
The changes to the code should be minimal.

Why don't you go ahead and see if you can make the minor edits yourself, and let us know if you get stuck?
This will be a good exercise for you to help you understand the code and how to write/edit it.
(After all, my main goal is to teach you, not to do it all for you! ;) ).

Upvote 0
It should then just be a matter of putting the VBA code in the other file, and just changing the selection of the file to the other file.
The changes to the code should be minimal.

Why don't you go ahead and see if you can make the minor edits yourself, and let us know if you get stuck?
This will be a good exercise for you to help you understand the code and how to write/edit it.
(After all, my main goal is to teach you, not to do it all for you! ;) ).
Yes
But I stuck at one point which is to first insert one row at top then paste in top row

Upvote 0
But I stuck at one point which is to first insert one row at top then paste in top row
Here is a little trick you can use to quickly get snippets of code.
If you turn on your Macro Recorder, and record yourself performing an action manually (like inserting a blank row in row 1), then stop the Macro Recorder, that will give you VBA code that will do that for you. So you can view your recorded code, and copy/paste the section that performs that copy to your other code.

This is a great little tool that even us "pros" use from time-to-time (we don't memorize all this stuff).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajbooisen

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back