Copy, Filter & Paste Set Columns Based on Values

AJLS

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I currently have a filter and match reference from a table on another sheet. What I am looking to do is have this information copied and pasted onto the next sheet:

=IFERROR(FILTER(Aberdeen!A3:C25,ISNUMBER(MATCH(Aberdeen!L3:L25,{"Required";"Ongoing"},))*ISNUMBER(MATCH(Aberdeen!F3:F25,{"Received"},))), "") - plus another three similar formula's.

The rows I want the data from are A, B, C, G, H, M, and O, filtered by "Required" "Ongoing" in column L and "Received" in column F. If possible I am hoping the sheet will update automatically when new entries meet the criteria and when current entries no longer meet the criteria.

Thanks

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
How about
Excel Formula:
=FILTER(CHOOSECOLS(Aberdeen!A3:O25,1,2,3,7,7,13,15),ISNUMBER(MATCH(Aberdeen!L3:L25,{"Required";"Ongoing"},))*ISNUMBER(MATCH(Aberdeen!F3:F25,{"Received"},)),"")

Upvote 0
How about
Excel Formula:
=FILTER(CHOOSECOLS(Aberdeen!A3:O25,1,2,3,7,7,13,15),ISNUMBER(MATCH(Aberdeen!L3:L25,{"Required";"Ongoing"},))*ISNUMBER(MATCH(Aberdeen!F3:F25,{"Received"},)),"")
Hi Fluff,

Thanks for this option, I am getting a spill error on this, I am hoping there is a macro based solution. I have tried putting something together based on online tutorials but I am just winging it and it is not working.

Upvote 0
If you use a macro to copy paste the values, then it will never update automatically when the data changes, whereas that formula will.
The #Spill error means that you have cells with data in the way of the formula. Clear the cells & the formula can spill

Upvote 0
If you use a macro to copy paste the values, then it will never update automatically when the data changes, whereas that formula will.
The #Spill error means that you have cells with data in the way of the formula. Clear the cells & the formula can spill
I'll keep the values as reference only. Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back