Copy hyperlinks

scorziello

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
On Sheet2 in Column G I have links that are imported via a web connection. I would like to be able to copy specific ones, based on an index match, to Sheet3 to column E starting in row 2 which is the first row of a table. I know how to do an index match but it doesn't keep the external hyperlink intact. I think a macro is the only way accomplish this but I have no idea where to start with something like this.

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Actually I don't I guess. You just want the cells from column E to also contain the hyperlink of the cell it refers to right?

Upvote 0
Not sure if I understand you or not. Basically I want to copy the web addresses (ex. www.abc.efd/12ab34, they will all be unique), as hyperlinks, in Sheet 2 column G and move it to Sheet 3 Column E. Everything I have tried so far only copies the text value and does not retain hyperlink.

Upvote 0
Not sure if I understand you or not. Basically I want to copy the web addresses (ex. www.abc.efd/12ab34, they will all be unique), as hyperlinks, in Sheet 2 column G and move it to Sheet 3 Column E. Everything I have tried so far only copies the text value and does not retain hyperlink.
Hey,

I see, the output of an index match doesn't retain the hyperlink. I'll get back to you with a code

Upvote 0
How does this function not meet your request?

=HYPERLINK(INDEX(Reference, row, column))

Upvote 0
I had actually tried
VBA Code:
=HYPERLINK(INDEX(Reference, row, column))
with no success. This does create a hyperlink but it does not keep the link to the actual webpage intact.

I ended up using
VBA Code:
Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1:A25").Copy
Sheets("Sheet2").Range("F2").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteAllUsingSourceTheme

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back