Hyperlinks in Excel

Mr_Phil

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
I have a hyperlink in G2. I would like to copy the contents of C2, click the link, and paste the value into the open text box on the search form. I do not have access to the website background code. This is in chrome.

I can do all the above manually. Currently G2 is copied all the way down column G. The value in C is what changes. So I am working on tweaking it. I might just anchor the link in G1 and then copy the text, then click G1 to open the website. If I can get excel or chrome to paste the value that would be great. Anyone ever done this or have suggestions for the best way to go about it?

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
How's your VBA? This sounds like something you could automate with VBA, but will take some time to develop, so the usefullness depends a bit on the number of links and how often you'd need to do this. And I assume that after pasting you e.g. would take some info from that page and paste it back to your Excel? That too can be automated... If you have some examples to share, people round here could maybe help you with some code.

Upvote 1
Solution
How's your VBA? This sounds like something you could automate with VBA, but will take some time to develop, so the usefullness depends a bit on the number of links and how often you'd need to do this. And I assume that after pasting you e.g. would take some info from that page and paste it back to your Excel? That too can be automated... If you have some examples to share, people round here could maybe help you with some code.
Hi. Thanks for looking.
I'm OK with VBA. I defined a series of hotkeys to do it.
I'm in the cell and ctrl c to copy it
ctrl R now fires a macro to open the web page.
There is an extension for chrome that applies focus to the first fillable field
ctrl V to paste the clipboard item
Alt Tab to switch from Chrome back to excel.
down arrow to the next cell
then repeat.

It isn't elegant and real professionals would laugh but it's been working for several days now. So I am happy.
I do appreciate your time though. Thank you very much.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back