Copy results into new sheet and new line. I need to do this like 1000 times.

ned lud

Office Version
  1. 2019
So on Sheet 1 I have two items selected from drop down lists. I then use a macro to get 20 other items that are randomly selected from a list of 50 potential items.

So far so good.

But I want the results of the above to get copy and pasted onto Sheet 2 on line A.

THEN I want to randomize the results on Sheet 1 and have them copied into the next open line on Sheet 2. In this case, line B, then line C etc.

And I need to repeat this like 1000 times.

First, is there a way to copy the info info from Sheet 1 into the next open line on Sheet 2.

Second, assuming there is, is there a way to do this 1000 times without clicking the macro button 1000 times?

I have googled this and searched the forum without any luck.

Thank you very much for any help you might be able to provide.

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
Probably not too difficult, but your terminology is confusing. There is no "line A, line B..." etc. on a worksheet. Do you mean Column A, Column B etc. or perhaps Row 1, Row 2 etc? It would really help if you could post the code you currently have as a starting point.

Upvote 0
Probably not too difficult, but your terminology is confusing. There is no "line A, line B..." etc. on a worksheet. Do you mean Column A, Column B etc. or perhaps Row 1, Row 2 etc? It would really help if you could post the code you currently have as a starting point.

Thank you very much for considering my problem and for your feedback.

I have a screen shot of my spreadsheet so far. I could not figure out how to upload a minisheet.

As you can see, I have a list of 50 states. In cells J3 and K3, I can select any two states via a drop down box for player 1.

I then hit "new hand" and each other player gets two states without duplicates using column A for the list of states and then columns b to e to randomize the results and identify/eliminate duplicates.

I want all of the results for each player and the two states each get to be copied onto a different sheet (sheet 2) in one row. (say row "a")

Then I want to click, "new hand" again (which will generate new random states for players 2 - 10 only) and the copy the results into sheet 2, row b.

And then 998 more times.

Hope this makes sense. Again, thank you for any insight/help you can provide.

Screenshot 2024-02-04 182528.png

Upvote 0
Could you 1) share the code you have so far, and 2) post what you expect sheet 2 to look like after the results are copied into it (only a few rows needed).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back