Copy sheet problem

Sigh

I want to copy a worksheet and insert it on another tab in the same file, when I click on Edit the 'Move or Copy sheet' option is greyed out so I cannot select it. I have other files open and can move or copy successfully, so the problem must lie in this particular file, how can I fix this?
Thanks.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.

asking

Board Regular
This may work.
Instead of using the format in the menu to copy and move, try right clicking on the sheet tab of the sheet you want copied and follow instructions.
Cheers

Sigh

Thanks for this, when I click on the tab I get the message 'workbook is protected and cannot be changed'. In fact I have password protected areas of each tab but when I unprotect them all I still get the same message, so I'm not sure where to go from here.

Sigh

I found the answer, a colleague had password protected the workbook without telling anyone, thanks for your help.

asking

Board Regular
You could try, after unprotecting the workbook and the worksheets, save it, reopen and try the tab again to copy.

Someone with more expertise may be able to assist you better if that doesn't work.

Cheers.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dwg

This Week's Hot Topics