Copy Worksheets into a new workbook using VBA Macro

VBAstudent1986

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I would like to copy and paste a worksheet that has pivot tables into a new workbook and save them using a specific name using a logic.

For example, in the sheet that has the pivots, I have a filter that has 250 Dealer Codes. I would like to export (Copy) the sheet after applying the filter and move to the next.

i.e. 1. Apply filter 2. Copy into new sheet 3. Save the file as a new workbook 4. File name should be from a list of dealer codes (List could be from a sheet within the original workbook)

Currently I am using the following code. If someone could help me that would be great. Currently I am getting error in the "SaveAs" line of the code - where I am getting the error.

Sub SplitWorkbook_Venkat()
'Updateby20140612
Dim FileExtStr As String
Dim FileFormatNum As Long
Dim xWs As Worksheet
Dim xWb As Workbook
Dim FolderName As String
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Set xWb = Application.ThisWorkbook
DateString = Format(Now, "yyyy-mm-dd")
FolderName = xWb.Path & "\" & "Venkat"
'MkDir FolderName

Dim i As Long

i = 2

Do While i <= 280

ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable3").PivotFields("Dlr Num").ClearAllFilters
ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable3").PivotFields("Dlr Num").CurrentPage = Sheets("DLRNUM").Cells(i, "A").Value
ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable4").PivotFields("Dlr Num").ClearAllFilters
ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable4").PivotFields("Dlr Num").CurrentPage = Sheets("DLRNUM").Cells(i, "A").Value

FPath = "D:\Jan 2020\Lease Loan Report New\Venkat\"
FName = "New_Report" & Sheets("DLRNUM").Cells(i, "A").Value & ".xls"

ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Pivot").SaveAs Filename:=FPath & "\" & FName
Application.ActiveWorkbook.Close False

i = i + 1

Loop

'MsgBox "You can find the files in " & FolderName

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Hi and welcome to the forum!

Consider the following macro:

VBA Code:
Sub SplitWorkbook_Venkat()
  'Updateby20140612
  Dim FPath As String, FName As String, i As Long

For i = 2 To 280
    ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable3").PivotFields("Dlr Num").ClearAllFilters
    ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable3").PivotFields("Dlr Num").CurrentPage = Sheets("DLRNUM").Cells(i, "A").Value
    ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable4").PivotFields("Dlr Num").ClearAllFilters
    ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable4").PivotFields("Dlr Num").CurrentPage = Sheets("DLRNUM").Cells(i, "A").Value
    FName = "New_Report " & Sheets("DLRNUM").Cells(i, "A").Value & ".xls"
    ActiveSheet.Copy
    ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=FPath & FName
    ActiveWorkbook.Close False
  Next
End Sub

Upvote 0
I'm glad to help you. Thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0
Hello Dante Amor

Need help!!!!

In the above Macro, I would like the individual sheets to be saved as a protected sheet. is it possible???

Upvote 0
I mean, when it gets saved, the individual sheets needs to be protected with a password. Pleeeease let me know if this is possible..

Upvote 0
I added the following for protecting the sheet, but getting a pop up for whoch i have to say "ok" every single time...

Worksheets("Pivot").Protect Password:="showme"

Sub SplitWorkbook_Venkat_New_Retention()
'Updateby20140612
Dim FPath As String, FName As String, i As Long

For i = 2 To 10

' On Error Resume Next

Worksheets("Pivot").Unprotect Password:="showme"
ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Lease Terminations").PivotFields("ORIG_DEALER_CODE").ClearAllFilters
ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Lease Terminations").PivotFields("ORIG_DEALER_CODE").CurrentPage = Sheets("DLRNUM").Cells(i, "A").Value
ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Repurchased Units").PivotFields("ORIG_DEALER_CODE").ClearAllFilters
ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Repurchased Units").PivotFields("ORIG_DEALER_CODE").CurrentPage = Sheets("DLRNUM").Cells(i, "A").Value
ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Recent Terminations").PivotFields("ORIG_DEALER_CODE").ClearAllFilters
ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Recent Terminations").PivotFields("ORIG_DEALER_CODE").CurrentPage = Sheets("DLRNUM").Cells(i, "A").Value
ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Defected Units").PivotFields("ORIG_DEALER_CODE").ClearAllFilters
ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Defected Units").PivotFields("ORIG_DEALER_CODE").CurrentPage = Sheets("DLRNUM").Cells(i, "A").Value
ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Future Active Maturities").PivotFields("Dlr Num").ClearAllFilters
ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Future Active Maturities").PivotFields("Dlr Num").CurrentPage = Sheets("DLRNUM").Cells(i, "A").Value
ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Active vs Closed").PivotFields("Dlr Num").ClearAllFilters
ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Active vs Closed").PivotFields("Dlr Num").CurrentPage = Sheets("DLRNUM").Cells(i, "A").Value
FName = Sheets("DLRNUM").Cells(i, "C").Value & " " & Sheets("DLRNUM").Cells(i, "B").Value & " " & "Retention Rate Report" & ".xlsx"
'FName = Sheets("DLRNUM").Cells(i, "A").Value & " " & "New_Report" & " " & Sheets("DLRNUM").Cells(i, "B").Value .xls
Worksheets("Pivot").Protect Password:="showme"
'ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True
ActiveSheet.Copy
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=FPath & FName
ActiveWorkbook.Close False
Next

MsgBox "Macro Complete"

End Sub

1580400007097.png

Upvote 0
I mean, when it gets saved, the individual sheets needs to be protected with a password. Pleeeease let me know if this is possible..

What do you want to protect, the active sheet or the new sheet of the new book?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoom82

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back