copy

crtas1

Board Regular
Is there a way to copy the responses to topics on this site. I can't seem to highlight it to Copy and paste it. I have tried select all and it won't do it either.

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
On 2002-09-11 09:36, crtas1 wrote:
Is there a way to copy the responses to topics on this site. I can't seem to highlight it to Copy and paste it. I have tried select all and it won't do it either.

do you mean so that you quote the response in a later post? if this is what you mean, use the 'quote' button instead of the 'reply' button, when replying to someone's post.

HTH
kevin

Upvote 0
No I mean so I can copy it from the site to maybe notebook or directly to excel so I won't make any keying errors

Upvote 0
after you copy whatever it is you want to copy from someone's response, when you paste it, do a paste special and paste it as text, this should take care of it. more than likely what is happening is it is pasting the contents of the clipboard as HTML and this could be why you are having difficulties.

kevin

Upvote 0
I can't even get to the copy part because it won't highlight anything and the Cntl A to select all won't highlight anything either.

Upvote 0
i'm not having these difficulties you are having - i can copy from this board without any problems, so i'm not sure what the problem is. hopefully someone else on the board may have an answer for you - sorry i couldn't help you

kevin

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kingjet

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back