Copying PowerPivot reports

luirib

Board Regular
So I have this PP report with a few row filters, multiple measures, slicers, headers, etc. It is looking good and it took me a long time to get it to where I like it. Now I need to create copies of this same report in the same file so each report on its own tab shows the information for each store. There are 25 of these.

So I copy the one report that I like 24 times, change the store name in the report filter for each report and when I am done I realize that all reports are linked, so when I change the store name on one, they all change to the same store name.

Is there a way for me to do what I want and somehow disconnect the report filters so they act independently from one another?

Thanks.

ps: I need to have a tab per store as people enter comments to their own store on their own tab

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
You've probably selected the name of the store in your first report by a slicer?

Select this slicer, right click with you mouse and select "Report Connections" - there you'll see all your other Pivot tables connected to this slicer as well. (Could come in handy sometimes :)
Just deselect them and create new slicers for each sheet or take a Report filter on your Pivot instead.

Upvote 0
Whenever I need to create multiple tabs as you describe, I design my report around the "Show Report Filter Pages" function. It is found on the Pivottable Tools/Analyze ribbon under PivotTable/Options. It will automatically create all your tabs based off a field in the Filter section of a pivot table. Great as this funciton is, there are significant limitations:
* it cannot be a PowerPivot table, must be a traditional Excel Pivot Table. Workaround if your data is in PowerPivot: use DAX to create an Excel Pivot Table, then do a regular Pivot on that table.
* Only reproduces the table, not any slicers, formatting etc. This can be overcome by recording a Macro that dresses up each table.

So this method is far from perfect, but a least it automates the creation of each tab.

Upvote 0
You've probably selected the name of the store in your first report by a slicer?

Select this slicer, right click with you mouse and select "Report Connections" - there you'll see all your other Pivot tables connected to this slicer as well. (Could come in handy sometimes :)
Just deselect them and create new slicers for each sheet or take a Report filter on your Pivot instead.

Actually I do not have a slicer but a report filter. However, if I go to PowerPivot Tools / Options / Insert Slicer / Slicer Connections... I can unselect the report filter and each new tab becomes independent. Thanks for the lead.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wayneho98

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back