The last letteris the first letter
Such an example
retepPeter
oarcPMarco
ntefanSStefan

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Here's a single cell formula you can try. It works with 1, 2 or 3 names in a single cell, seperated by a single space.
Code:
=CHOOSE(LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1," ",""))+1,RIGHT(A1,1)&MID(A1,2,LEN(A1)-2)&LOWER(LEFT(A1,1)),MID(A1,SEARCH(" ",A1)-1,1)&MID(A1,2,SEARCH(" ",A1)-3)&LEFT(A1,1)&" "&RIGHT(A1,1)&MID(A1,SEARCH(" ",A1)+2,LEN(A1)-SEARCH(" ",A1)-2)&MID(A1,SEARCH(" ",A1)+1,1),MID(A1,SEARCH(" ",A1)-1,1)&MID(A1,2,SEARCH(" ",A1)-3)&LEFT(A1,1)&" "&MID(A1,SEARCH("ZZZZZ",SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","ZZZZZ",2))-1,1)&MID(A1,SEARCH(" ",A1)+2,SEARCH("ZZZZZ",SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","ZZZZZ",2))-SEARCH(" ",A1)-3)&MID(A1,SEARCH(" ",A1)+1,1)&" "&RIGHT(A1,1)&MID(A1,SEARCH("ZZZZZ",SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","ZZZZZ",2))+2,LEN(A1)-2-SEARCH("ZZZZZ",SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","ZZZZZ",2)))&MID(A1,SEARCH("ZZZZZ",SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","ZZZZZ",2))+1,1))

Upvote 0
This is actually a wonderful solution which is required Thank you very much Mr "Vidar " for your effort, and your time But you can increase the number of names from "3" to a larger number of names

Upvote 0
You're welcome :).
It's possible, but the formula get increasingly longer and more complex. I would suggest using VBA.

Upvote 0
It's possible, but the formula get increasingly longer and more complex. I would suggest using VBA.
Just pointing out for the OP's consideration... the UDF solution I posted in Message #9 has no limit on the number of names in the value passed into it (you can have one, two, three, four, five, etc. names).

Upvote 0
Yes mister "Rick" I know this very well But I wish you could make the formula for me Because I know you are a genius in everything " code & formula" Mister "Rick" I am very impressed with your work, and I retain them all

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No need to be sorry :). If VBA is not an option then I suggest you first split the names in the cells by using the "Text to Columns" Data tool in Excel.
Choose "Space" as the delimiter. It will split the names into seperate cells. Then you can use the formula to switch the first and the last letter of the name in each cell.

Upvote 0
Yes mister "Rick" I know this very well But I wish you could make the formula for me
The problem is that Excel was designed as a number cruncher and it string handling functions are somewhat limited. In order to develop a single formula solution, we would need to know them maximum number of names you would ever have in a single cell. If too many, then a single formula solution would be so large as to not be worth developing (that is one of the reasons why VBA is there). Now, you said three is not enough... I am thinking three would be a practical maximum myself... as Vidar told you, "It's possible, but the formula get increasingly longer and more complex" as more names have to be handled. So, given that, what is the maximum number of names you would need to be able to handle?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kokoanutt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back