Corrupt printing of 255 column spreadsheet

ejl10

Hi all,

I have a huge spreadsheet that takes up all 255 columns in Excel 2000. I've cleared the print area, and forced it to print to ? pages wide by 1 page tall (it ends up being 7 pages wide). I have the margins set to a half inch all around, and no specified page breaks (I reset them just to be sure). Column A is repeated on every page. The spreadsheet is 84 rows tall.

When I print or bring up a print preview, the last column (to the right) is missing. Also, Row 2 (where I have my column titles) is correct all the way through the first 5 (of 7) pages, but the last two pages have titles that are simply repeated from earlier columns. What's really weird is that Rows 1 and 3 through the end are all correct. In fact, the columns in Row 2 don't even line up with the columns in Rows 1,3-84. Has anyone seen this before, and does anyone have any idea how to fix it? I've tried printing to three different printers, and from two different computers, but nothing works. As I said, even the print preview shows these errors. I also tried deleting 25 or so columns, and that didn't help.

Thanks,
Ejl10

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
Good question. I just tried it, and its funny- the last column now appears in the Print Preview. However, the columns in Row 2 are still corrupt on the last two pages. With A:A repeated, the spreadsheet filled up all seven pages (except, of course, for the last column). Now it saves itself about half a page, and the last column shows up. Maybe its a problem with the way Excel estimates the printable area vs. how the print driver calculates it? I guess I'm thrown off by the fact that Print Preview seems to know that the problem is there, but Excel doesn't.

Thanks for the reply. At the very least, I can now print the whole spreadsheet!

Ejl10

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaagu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back