Count cells with specific color

Nat_M

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello, Gurus! I am new to this forum and very excited to be here. I haven't dealt with Excel VBA for a long time and picking it back again :) I searched for a routine to count cells with specific colors and couldn't find any. I would like to be able to find and count cells with a specific colors in a calendar format spreadsheet. I would greatly appreciate your help! Thank you!

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Welcome to the Board!

I searched for a routine to count cells with specific colors and couldn't find any.
You must have chosen the wrong words, because this question gets asked quite often and there are literally thousands of posts on it.
If you do a Google search on "Excel count cells by color", you will find a ton of hits.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the Board!

You must have chosen the wrong words, because this question gets asked quite often and there are literally thousands of posts on it.
If you do a Google search on "Excel count cells by color", you will find a ton of hits.
I was surprised as well. I searched for "Count cells with specific color", maybe it was too specific. Thank you for your reply. I will go through the materials.

Upvote 0
I was surprised as well. I searched for "Count cells with specific color", maybe it was too specific. Thank you for your reply. I will go through the materials.
You are welcome.
Ah yes, it is amazing what one word can do to searches!
;)

Upvote 0
I must have an old version of Google because I got lots of valuable hits when using "Count cells with specific color".
Besides that, at the bottom of this page there are suggestions also.

Upvote 0
I must have an old version of Google because I got lots of valuable hits when using "Count cells with specific color".
Besides that, at the bottom of this page there are suggestions also.
I found some info in Google search too, but it was with filters and/or it wasn't what I wanted :cautious: After I asked the question here and received the reply, I saw the suggestions at the bottom of the page LOL Now my Google doesn't want to stop suggesting me different topics related to the colored cells. Plenty of info to go through now :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dsharae57

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back