=COUNT issues

Traun2445

Hello!

I am currently trying to add up how many incidents are created monthly. The incident is in column A. There are also dates in column A. I only want to add up how many incidents there were. I have tried many different ways and cannot get it to work!:confused:

I thought I would be able to figure this out, but I have been defeated. I have tried stating if A8<>"", since that is the first cell that must contain an incident number. But that did not work, I tried COUNTIF, COUNTIFS, and still nothing. I tried figuring out to state if it is not a date, count it, but no luck with that either.

Please help!

THANKS!!!

Traun,

Delighted to have helped. Google COUNTIF and you'll get lots of help.

Thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
What is the answer of the question?

In #11 Traun stated:

I want to make sure I am clear and that the INC numbers will not include "INC" they will just be a number.

Which led me to think that since Dates are integers they are fundamentally the same as the incident numbers. My suggestion was to make sure that incident numbers are far in excess of any likely date hence countif(A8:A100, ">100000"). Not perfect, but appears to have been sufficient. I don't know of any other way to distinguish between an integer and a date?

Regards

Upvote 0
Hello again,

It did do the trick! Works well now. Here is the next part of building that spreadsheet. I have all the functions working. However that is only for one day, and one incident:

7/19/2014
Total Emails:
Has to be entered manually
Standard INC's:
Pulls from "Type"Urgent INC's:
Pulls from "Type"
Ticket Number
Type
Device Name
Email Alert Time
Date Device Restored
Time Device Restored
RFO
Drop down here with "Standard" and "Urgent"

<tbody>
</tbody>

1) I really want to be able to enter a new row once a new ticket number is entered, once A1 through A7 is done. Create a macro to create a new row B1 through B8, directly underneath it, with nothing filled in.

2) That means I need The "Standard INC" field - function is =COUNTIF(B8:B8,"Standard") and "Urgent INC" field - function is =COUNTIF(B8:B8,"Urgent") fields to be dynamic. I have no idea how to do that.

I would then Auto fill for each day of the month.

Any ideas on how to do this???

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shreyash11

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back