Count of new customers

depcdivr

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a table of data that is approx 110K lines. It contains multiple years worth of information. I am trying to extract some information from it but am struggling to find an easy way to do so. Here is what I have

The data contains a list of companies(Col T), a list of customers(Col M), Year(Col AA).

I am trying to determine an easy way to pick a Company (Col T) and determine How many new customers(col M) they have in a particular year(Col T). In other words a a customer that ordered in first ordered in 2021 would be new in 2021 not in 2022 or beyond.

I am also trying to determine when a customer was lost for a particular company. In other works when a customer purchased the year before but not in the year in question.

I can setup the pivot tables to show this information but for each company they can be hundreds if not thousands of customers to go through so doing this manually is a huge time commitment. Any suggestions?

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Can you post some mockup data?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skittlebeanz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back