COUNTIF or SUMPRODUCT if adjecent CELL is not STRING

Wobzy

Board Regular
[FONT=&quot]Hi,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Im trying to display the number of cells in a column containing "x" if adjecent column is not equal to "y" or "z" or "blank".[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Example;[/FONT]
A (CONTRACT)B (RE-CONTRACT)
1 (VALUE)CURRENT ("y")BLANK
2 (VALUE)EXPIRED ("x")CURRENT ("y")
3 (VALUE)CURRENT ("y")BLANK
4 (VALUE)EXPIRED ("y")EXTENDED ("z")

<tbody style="box-sizing: border-box; border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: top; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; text-size-adjust: none;">
</tbody>
[FONT=&quot]I know this isnt right but its the best way i can explain it.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]=COUNTIF(A1:A4,"EXPIRED",B1:B4,"<>CURRENT"or"<>EXTENDED"or"<>BLANK")+COUNTIF(B1:B4,"EXPIRED")[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]End goal being a total for contracts not current. In this case 0.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If any further clarification is needed please let me know.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you.[/FONT]

Omg now im getting mixed up with my active formula.

Nevermind im obviously speaking a foreign language.

Clearly too hard to understand i only want the sum of inactive values in the range in R, if the corresponding value in the range of T is not equal to active.

Delete this thread mods.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Give this a try if you want a count
=COUNTIFS(TRACKER!R:R,"*INACTIVE*",TRACKER!T:T,"<>*ACTIVE*")

Upvote 0
Give this a try if you want a count
=COUNTIFS(TRACKER!R:R,"*INACTIVE*",TRACKER!T:T,"<>*ACTIVE*")

This is where i run into problems
I initally used the same logic but i have a number of variables for the inactive values.

Thus TRACKER!R:R,"*INACTIVE*" needs to fit muliple critera, 4 separate criteria need to be met.

EG; "*INACTIVE*"or"DECLINED"or"LIKELY"or"UNLIKELY"

Upvote 0
are you sure the words you added now does not need asterisks around ?
IF so, then use this formula

=sum(COUNTIFS(TRACKER!R:R,{"*INACTIVE*","DECLINED","LIKELY","UNLIKELY"},TRACKER!T:T,"<>*ACTIVE*"))

or else

=sum(COUNTIFS(TRACKER!R:R,{"*INACTIVE*","*DECLINED*","*LIKELY*","*UNLIKELY*"},TRACKER!T:T,"<>*ACTIVE*"))

Upvote 0
are you sure the words you added now does not need asterisks around ?
If so, then use this formula

=sum(countifs(tracker!r:r,{"*inactive*","declined","likely","unlikely"},tracker!t:t,"<>*active*"))

or else

=sum(countifs(tracker!r:r,{"*inactive*","*declined*","*likely*","*unlikely*"},tracker!t:t,"<>*active*"))

sum(countifs(

thankyou.

Upvote 0
Not sure what you mean.

L21 is simply the total of active values in range R:R and T:T, as there is no disqualifier to an active value.

EG: =COUNTIF(TRACKER!R:R,"*ACTIVE*")+COUNTIF(TRACKER!T:T,"*ACTIVE*")

L22 needs to be the total of any values that are not active in range R:R if there is no active value in corresponding cell range T:T, + any values that are not active in range T:T.

Given the sample you posted, what numbers do you want to see in L21 and L22? That is/was the question...

Upvote 0
Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules. Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: COUNTIFS or SUMPRODUCT? Match criteria if other criteria is met.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide a link, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smckenzie2016

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back