countif

jswaim

Board Regular
Hi, I am working with some data, and need to find certain models, that have a certain option code, and are below an MSRP of $35,000. The model code is in column A, Option codes are in column B, and MSRP, is in Column E. Below is an example. The option I need code is the last one in column B (1SJ). I have hundred of similar units at different prices. So, Here is what I need to determine, How may CC15936's do I have with the 1SJ option, that are below an MSRP of $34,000 dollars. Thanks in advance for your help.

Also, I would like you all to know, that I have many different models as well, so a simple countif will not work.

(Column A) CC15936
(Column B)AE7,AG1,B30,CJ3,C49,DL8,EN4,FE9,GT4,K34,LM7,M30,PDE,PF9,QMJ,R9U,SAF,T96,UB0,VB3,V54,V76,WBH,ZW9,ZY1,Z82,1SJ
(Column C) 34,000[/list]

jswaim said:

You skipped one of the questions...

=SUMPRODUCT(($A$2:$A$3041=V9)*(ISNUMBER(MATCH("*"&W9&"*",$B$2:$B$3041,0)))*($G$2:$G$3041>=X9)*($G$2:$G$3041<=Y9)).

where X9 houses the lowest dollar value, Y9 the highest.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Sorry I was in a hurry. The new one looks like it works great, I am going to play around with it for a while. Thank you very much for your help!

Upvote 0
Okay, There is a bit of a problem. I am finding cc15936's, 1sj's, in the 35000 to 36000 price range. I do not have any. I do have cc15936's, 1SN's, in that range but not 1sj's. Maybe it is getting confussed because of all the options in the cell the 1sj is located in. What do you think? I am trying to investigate the problem, I am not sure why. I just rechecked and it is also happening if I change the cc15936 to ck15936, it will tell me that I have a unit that I do not. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Hi, Jason -- How many characters we got in any given cell, max, in column B? (Beginning to smell a long string bug...)

Upvote 0
Well, Jon
There are various characters in column B. This is the option code cell, some units will have more/ and or different options than others. There are also different models in column A. Hope this is what you were talking about. The options in column B are separated by comma's if that helps.

Upvote 0
No, I was wondering how long the strings in column B might get. For example,

1JS,3SJ,XXX,111,YYY

would be 19 characters. I was wondering what the length of some of your longer cell inputs might be.

You can determine the maximum length in the range Bx:By by:

=MAX(LEN(Bx:By))

entered via CONTROL+SHIFT+Enter, where x is your 1st row number in B and y is the last row containing your strings.

Upvote 0
Hey, Aladin,
Just the man I need, I am still having trouble with this formula, do you have any advice?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back