Counting cells with data in a given date range

Adam G Baker

First I'd like to start by saying when it comes to Excel, I'm pretty green. I can do a lot of basic things, and use basic formulas and functions. But once things start getting remotely complicated, I don't have any idea what to do.

Trying to put together a spreadsheet for tracking shipped orders at work. So far I've been able to figure out w/ the help of Google on how to make the various formulas work, but I've reached a point where I'm stumped.

Below is a screenshot of the spreadsheet I'm working with.

Order%20Spreadsheet.jpg

The green cells are user input fields

The yellow cells are calculated output fields using functions & formulas.

K-M use the following formula. The IF function is used to keep the cell blank if no data is supplied in the input fields.

=IF($G2="","",(NETWORKDAYS($E2,$G2,Holidays!$A$2:$A$20))-1)

N & O use the following formula. The first IF is used the same as above, keep the cell blank if no data is supplied, the nested IF is for displaying a zero if the IF statement isn't met as true.

=IF($I2="","",IF($I2>$G2,(NETWORKDAYS($G2,$I2,Holidays!$A$2:$A$20))-1,0))

Using the data above, I need to search by a date, to fill out the cells below

Order%20Spreadsheet%201.jpg

As shown on the left, I need to be able to search the first table within a given date range. If no range is given, I'd like to have it search by a default range. I don't have a default range in mind at the moment, but figured I'd just start with a year from the current date.

Orders over Confirm Date would search column N "Days Late to Confirmed Ship Date" and would come back with the number of cells with a value greater than zero.

Orders over Customer Request would search column O "Days Late to Customer Requested Date" and come back with the number of cells with a value greater than zero.

The above two I know I can get the total number w/o a range using a countif. Don't know if there's another function that would do this within a date range, or if the countif needs to be nested in another function

Orders over Customer Requested Days, needs to search column L "Customer Requested Days" and give the number of cells in this column, with a value greater than the value given in the corresponding row in Column J "Quoted Lead Time (Days)"

Orders Over Confirm Time would search Column M "Actual Days to Shipment" and look for cells with values greater than those in Column J "Quoted Lead Time (Days)"

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back