Counting the number of events over a given time period from a pivot table (or data set)

TheAssetMgr

Board Regular
I'm trying to identify possible security issues by becoming aware of the number of account lockouts, by user name, over a given period of time. If I scroll through the pivot I've created (example below) I can see where User A's account has been locked out a total of 51 times in the 5 days I have listed. My data will always be a 5-day rolling window if that helps. I'm not worried about User B because he has only locked himself out 1 time in the last 5 days.

Philippines52
User A​
8/4/2015​
24​
8/5/2015​
10​
8/6/2015​
4​
8/7/2015​
12​
8/10/2015​
User B​
8/6/2015​

<colgroup><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

My problem statement is: I need to see which user accounts get locked at least once per day and more than 3 days in a 5 day period.

So for example if User A's account got locked out 5 times on 8/4 but 0 times on 8/5 through 8/10 I don't care. But if User A's account gets locked out once on 8/4, once on 8/6 and once on 8/7 I'd want to know about it. Or, if User A's account got locked out twice on 8/5, 5 times on 8/6 and once on 8/10 I'd want to know about that too. Hope I'm making sense here.

I have this data in a worksheet and I used that worksheet to drive the pivot I provided a sample of above. I'm not sure what the output would look like but ideally I'd want to be made aware of the Country (Philippines in this case), the account name (User A in this case) and the dates and counts their accounts got locked out that tripped the trigger. Maybe just a copy/paste from the pivot would work as below? I'm open for ideas there too.

Philippines52
User A​
8/4/2015​
24​
8/5/2015​
10​
8/6/2015​
4​
8/7/2015​
12​
8/10/2015​

<tbody>
</tbody>

Is there a formula I could use to analyse the data set or have I drifted into the VBA scripting realm?

If I need to be more clear on something please let me know - thanks!

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichealRed

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back