Counting working Days in Specific Month between Two Dates

buiya

Good day,

Please excuse me if this has been posted elsewhere, the closest thing I could find was from a post in 2012 "[h=1]Counting Days in Specific Month between Two Dates".[/h]
The formula "=MAX(0,MIN(EOMONTH(C$1,0),$B2)-MAX(C$1,$A2)+1" provided in that thread works and was able to assist me halfway.

I need to show the number of working days in a date range for a specific month minus Mondays and holidays.
For example:

A1 is start range of Mar 23, 2015 and B1 is end date of April 17, 2015. I need to show in the next rows how many working days minus Monday's in that range for March and same thing for April.

March would be 5 (7 working days minus 2 Mondays)
April would be 11 (13 working days minus 2 Mondays)

Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Thanks for the quick response! It looks accurate and is working (shows 16), however I need this number broken out to show how many of those days are in March and how many are in April.

Upvote 0
Don't know if this is what you need, but try:

Book1
AB
123-03-201517-04-2015
3March5
4April11
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
B3=NETWORKDAYS.INTL(A1,EOMONTH(A1,0),"1000011")
B4=NETWORKDAYS.INTL(EOMONTH(A1,0)+1,B1,"1000011")

Upvote 0
OMG you're awesome! That does work! Thank you! Is there anyway you modify the formula to be agile so that if the date range goes across more than 2 months, say like ranges over 6 months to have each month broken out.

Upvote 0
To clarify if i have a date range from 7-4-2015 to 12-6-2015, the formula is telling me how many days in April based on the criteria of excluding Sat, Sun & Mon, but it is adding the days in May and June instead of splitting out the days in May and June but if I change the end date range to a date in May it works.

Upvote 0
=MAX(0,MIN(EOMONTH(C$1,0),$B2)-MAX(C$1,$A2)+1

You can amend that formula to only show working days based on your definition, so with the same setup, start date in A2, end date in B2 and the 1st of each month in C1 across, try this formula in C2, incorporating Caribeiro77's NETWORKDAYS.INTL suggestion, copied across and down if required

=MAX(0,NETWORKDAYS.INTL(MAX(C$1,$A2),MIN(EOMONTH(C$1,0),$B2),"1000011",$Z$2:$Z$10))

where Z2:Z10 contains your holiday dates, change as required

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hokjock

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back