Create Excel spreadsheet to do what I use to do in Lotus 123

ddhsock

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a Lotus 123 file with macros that performs various tasks when run. One such macros opens a menu with several selection options when one option is selected another menu opens with several selection options when an option is selected another menu opens with more selection option and so on until you reach the end of available options. At that point some text is entered into the selected cell and the cursor move to the right and entered a formula, moves to right and another formula is entered and so on until the end of the macro run. I am wanting to recreate this in Excel and need someone to point me in the right direction as to how recreate the selection process in Excel. There are approximately 500 unique choice which produce a different entry into the spread sheet.

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
do you have the old code?
How was this done in lotus?
Can you post something code-like?
Where do the options in the menus come from? Is the next menu dpendent on the choice in the previous one? Are the formulas entered dependent on the menu choices and how? ...

I think easiest is to post the code and start adapting it. Or upload a working file.

Upvote 0
do you have the old code?
How was this done in lotus?
Can you post something code-like?
Where do the options in the menus come from? Is the next menu dpendent on the choice in the previous one? Are the formulas entered dependent on the menu choices and how? ...

I think easiest is to post the code and start adapting it. Or upload a working file.
I have attached an image of description of the MENUBRANCH for Lotus. This is how this was created. I could upload the file in either Lotus or Excel format, whichever would be better? I would like to recreate this in Excel rather than adapting it. Sorry for the delay I have been unavailable. Thank you for any help you might provide.

Attachments

• menubranch 208 209.JPG
    menubranch 208 209.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 14
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syzer

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back