Creating a master customer database from several sources then divining it back up to appropriate destinations.

Fuse

Hi All. hope everybody is well.

I've spent weeks trying to do this manually and I give up. It should be so easy if you know what you're doing.

I use software called Tradify for managing my electrical installation business. The customer database isn't great. Only one landline, one mobile and of all things a fax entry. not that the software is even capable of sending faxes. I can export to a csv.

I also use an iPhone with a similar database. I used to use software called invoice2go, but it just caused so much hassle and even lost business, but it did have a very useful feature. When meeting a customer for the first time and offering a quote there and then, I used to enter their details straight into the iPhone and save. Then using I2G I would select new customer> from contacts> iPhone and it would pull in those details needed. So both the phone and I2G had a copy of the client. Very useful should the client call me back with a query, I could answer the phone quoting his name, which they found impressive.

With Tradify, I cant do that, I have to enter the client directly into Tradify, and never get round to entering them separately into the phone, so when they call me, its always an unknown number.

I need to create a master data base with all columns on and all contacts merged together. I use copytrans to import and export from phone to file and just like Tradify's import, you can match fields together from file to app so data is imported correctly.

How can I create a master customer data base to keep both app and phone up to date? Any ideas?

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
This download can solve your "instant lookup" for a phone number. It won't solve all the other things you are seeking.
Keep in mind this is a database previously created. All that needs to be done is change the name of the Column Headers
to suite your purposes. No matter what you enter into the search field, the vba code will search the entire sheet for a
match.

Download : SEARCHABLE-TABLE-TEMPLATE Search As You Type THIS ONE !!!.xlsm

Upvote 0
This download can solve your "instant lookup" for a phone number. It won't solve all the other things you are seeking.
Keep in mind this is a database previously created. All that needs to be done is change the name of the Column Headers
to suite your purposes. No matter what you enter into the search field, the vba code will search the entire sheet for a
match.

Download : SEARCHABLE-TABLE-TEMPLATE Search As You Type THIS ONE !!!.xlsm
Thank you.

I can use Ctrl + F for this purpose if I want to manually look for a value, but basically I will be searching for contacts either in my phone or within tradify.

In a nutshell I want to throw 2 databases together and delete all duplicate entries, except for the contacts that have "Phone only" in the notes.

Then pick up the relevant columbs from within the import matching interface of the two programs.

Upvote 0
If your goal, as I now understand it, is to remove duplicate entries ... this will accomplish that goal. The first macro removes the dupes,
the second removes the blank rows afterwards. This reviews Col A for dupes.

VBA Code:
Option Explicit

Sub DupDel()

Columns("A:A").Select  
ActiveSheet.Range("$A:$B").RemoveDuplicates Columns:=1, Header:=xlYes

'Uncomment next line and include RemoveBlankCells macro to delete all blank cells only in Col A
RemoveBlankCells

End Sub

Sub RemoveBlankCells()
'PURPOSE: Deletes single cells that are blank located inside a designated range
'SOURCE: www.TheSpreadsheetGuru.com

Dim rng As Range

'Store blank cells inside a variable
  On Error GoTo NoBlanksFound
    Set rng = Range("A:A").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks)
  On Error GoTo 0

'Delete blank cells and shift upward
  rng.Rows.Delete Shift:=xlShiftUp

Exit Sub

'ERROR HANLDER
NoBlanksFound:
    MsgBox "No Blank cells were found"

End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back