Creating a model - Unable to get trend function to run properly

Misono

Data layout is here:

1708700076079.png

This data will extend for a full year in the consumption data column. This is the value I want the model to predict in the future, using the initial 365 rows.

Bank Holiday is a binary variable, showing 1 if the day is a bank holiday (Christmas, New Years Day etc) and 0 if it is not.
Heating/Cooling columns are independent variables, the value of which will be based on Heating/Cooling degree day data, which will vary by external temperature.
Mon-Sun columns are for Day of the Week and binary variables, and will be 0 or 1 depending on if the Day matches the header, so that the model predicts in line with the same day.
Stepchange column is another binary variable, and used to highlight other changes to the site that affect consumption, like closing a few floors in a large office block. This should allow the model to then alter its behaviour based on site occupancy.

I'm trying to create a formula using TREND to go into the model column to predict consumption, so for example first row here would use the 365 rows of data to predict what should've been used on this site. After the initial period, this formula would then estimate future days on an ongoing basis, but only using that initial one year baseline.

I'm having to do all this in Excel rather than an old system I had at a previous place of work had a system that did these calcs, but new place doesn't so having to go the Excel route. Any help would be appreciated!

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back