Creating a table, but not including the last two rows

Oberon70

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I have below code, which is working great. It goes to the Data Sheet and creates a table.

Closedws the variable for the worksheet.

VBA Code:
Sub CreateTable()
Closedws.ListObjects.Add(xlSrcRange, Closedws.Range("A$48:" & FindLast(xlFindlastCell)), , xlYes).Name = "Transactions_Table"

End Sub

Findlast is the below function that has been provided to me and it works great. What I want to know if there is way to offset the results from Findlast by -2? Basically, if Findlast says the last sell is BB86 then I would like to offset it to BB84?

VBA Code:
Function FindLast(ByVal FindWhat As XLFindLast, Optional ByVal TargetRange As Range) As Variant
    Dim sh               As Worksheet
    Dim RowCol(1 To 2)   As Long, i As Long

'------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '                                       FindLast Function
    '                                 (update to Ron de Bruin Function)
    '------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    'Author     | dmt32
    'Version    | V1 June 2021
    'Purpose    | returns from range with data, last row or last column number or, last used cell address.
    'Parameters |  Name            | Required/Optional | Data type     |   Description
    '           |------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '           |  FindWhat         |   Required        |   Integer     |   An integer value ( 1 - 3 )
    '           |  TargetRange      |   Optional        |   Range       |   worksheet range
    'Returns    |  Variant

If TargetRange Is Nothing Then Set TargetRange = ActiveSheet.Cells
    Set sh = TargetRange.Parent

FindWhat = IIf(FindWhat > xlFindlastCell, xlFindlastCell, IIf(FindWhat < xlFindLastRow, xlFindLastRow, FindWhat))

On Error Resume Next
    For i = xlRows To xlColumns
        With TargetRange.Find(what:="*", After:=TargetRange.Cells(1), LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt:=xlPart, _
                            SearchOrder:=i, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious, MatchCase:=False)
            RowCol(i) = Choose(i, .Row, .Column)

End With
        If RowCol(i) = 0 Then RowCol(i) = 1
    Next i
     On Error GoTo 0

FindLast = IIf(FindWhat = xlFindLastRow, RowCol(xlRows), _
               IIf(FindWhat = xlFindLastColumn, RowCol(xlColumns), _
              sh.Cells(RowCol(xlRows), RowCol(xlColumns)).Address(0, 0)))
End Function

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
How about
VBA Code:
Closedws.ListObjects.Add(xlSrcRange, Closedws.Range("A$48:" & FindLast(xlFindlastCell)-2), , xlYes).Name = "Transactions_Table"

Upvote 0
When I try to use the code above I receive a type mismatch error.

Upvote 0
Just noticed, you are missing the A$ from the end of the range.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back