Creating Multiple Single Documents From One Excel File

reberryjr

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am in need of some assistance with a project I was assigned. Essentially, I have to extract, and manipulate a fair amount of data points across some Customer accounts. From there, I need to take certain data points, and populate a form letter template. The template is currently its own tab in the same workbook as the data points, but I can make it its own workbook if it helps with an easier/cleaner solution.

I have virtually everything already coded, but I'm struggling with these two items:

1. What is the best approach to start at account 1, populate the letter template, save said document in a network location, and then move onto the next account until the end of the file has been reached?
2. There is a section of the document where I need to list a summary of what the Customer has purchased over the last 30 days. In some instances, there's been no purchases, while in others, there have been over 40. I created a tab, and identified these items thinking that I would just want to copy and paste them into the template, but I'm not sure how that plays out with the first challenge mentioned above.

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
I can give you solution concepts but without an example file or more details, it is hard to help more.

1. Print to PDF from Data Validation Drop Down

2. For that, I would maybe use something like (1) but it would be more involved. That method would use likely an autofilter. A merged "template" worksheet cell would have maybe 30 lines for that input I guess.

Upvote 0
I can give you solution concepts but without an example file or more details, it is hard to help more.

1. Print to PDF from Data Validation Drop Down

2. For that, I would maybe use something like (1) but it would be more involved. That method would use likely an autofilter. A merged "template" worksheet cell would have maybe 30 lines for that input I guess.
Thanks for the reply. The pdf piece will likely come in handy. Unfortunately I can't provide a file (work). Conceptually, I'm thinking something along the lines of completing the template for Customer A, then moving to Customer B. Im just unsure of how to progress through each Customer in the file.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Faraz5023

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back