CSV Data connection in 64bit Excel

shep

Hi,

I've just upgraded my laptop and now have 64bit excel installed. Previously I had 32bit and have a spreadsheet with a Data connection to a csv file, the refresh of this data connection is now failing, due to the odbc driver not being supported in 64bit (message when refreshing is ODBC Driver Manager Data Source Name not found and no default driver specified).

Done some searching and it looks like I needed to install the MS Access 2010 Database Engine (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255). I've downloaded and installed the 64bit version which has installed the Microsoft Access Text Driver when I look in the ODBC Data sources administrator, however I can't work out what I need to change in my connection string in the data connection in excel, currently it is:

DBQ=c:\test;DefaultDir=c:\test;Driver={Microsoft Text Driver (*.txt; *.csv)};DriverId=27;FIL=text;MaxBufferSize=2048;MaxScanRows=8;PageTimeout=5;SafeTransactions=0;Threads=3;UID=admin;UserCommitSync=Yes;

I thought it might just be a case of changing "Microsoft Text Driver" to "Microsoft Access Text Driver" but not luck, still the same message. Can anyone tell me what I should change the above connection to (I don't want to use a DSN as don't want to have to make sure it is on different pc's).

thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Just in case anyone else has the same problem, all I needed to do was change the semi colon to a comma in the line below, i.e.

{Microsoft Access Text Driver (*.txt; *.csv)} is now {Microsoft Access Text Driver (*.txt, *.csv)}

Annoying but got there eventually!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back